Old 27-03-2010, 02:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Plant ID help

On Mar 26, 4:16 am, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Don Wiss said:

process them there are four pictures I need to identify.

#1 is not lavendar or thyme, and probably not fennel, either.
Though it does look familiar...I know I've seen this before...

I agree with you Pat. It is something that we should know and
not lavender or thyme or fennel.

#2 Is not a mustard.

It does somewhat suggest pokeweed just starting to show
flower buds, but I've no real confidence in that ID. I have no
real sense of scale on it.

Also agree, the first thing I thought was Poke with buds. The leaves
are very like Poke weed too.

#3 Is not slippery elm. Of that much I'm certain.

Agreed. Another one that looks familiar

#4 does look to be some cultiver of Hibiscus rosa-sinensis.

Yes it is...also known as Chinese Hibiscus or Tropical Hibiscus.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

Emilie
NorCal