Old 27-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Bigboy9i Bigboy9i is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi View Post
I have been lurking these forums for a while now and not once did I see a thread that made me want to post as this one did.

We also bought from Wessex teak (also known as Prestige teak) and the set actually arrived without any problems. We initially thought it was all fine and were wondering what the fuss was all about. exactly 1 week after having the set outside in the sunshine, it started cracking. I don’t mean little checking type cracks, but big massive splits all along the arms of the chairs. A week later, the glue started to fail and the chairs were dangerous to sit on. We actually brought out our plastic set while we were waiting for someone to come over and replace the set. After countless of calls and rude customer service we managed to get a replacement. exactly 2 weeks later, the exact same thing has happened to the new set. A complete and utter waste of money. We since found this guide which pretty much explained why the teak was falling apart. you can see it he
http://www.farawayfurniture.co.uk/te...ure-advice.htm
http://www.farawayfurniture.co.uk/te...comparison.htm

It seems you just can’t take shortcuts with this type of thing and I personally wished I found those guides earlier. it would have saved me a lot of time and hassle. We could not afford the difference in price at the time, but have since saved up for a good quality set and we should be buying one in a months time.

Firstly Naomi, I have no idea who you are, much less any knowledge of any complaint regarding any furniture you may or may not have bought. Since I'm one of the blokes who actually delivers the furniture, and consequently processes any returns I can state categorically that I have had no returns due to furniture that 'fell apart'...There has been the odd instance where some idiot made a chair with a knot in the leg, but when it comes off the container wrapped in cardboard we cannot actually see it.

As for the previous poster and the wessexteak premises moves...I have worked for them for five years...they have moved once in that time, that move was due to the farmer wanting yet more money for a leaky warehouse he would not fix...nothing more sinister than that.

Ray (Driver) Wessexteak