Old 27-03-2010, 09:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default safe Horse Manure

markiss wrote:
Can anyone please advise where I may find someone to deliver safe,
well rotted, horse manure to Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG postcode.I
need a few cubic metres, for compost bins and vegetable patch, and
roses. Thanks for your help.

I cannot assist with specific advice as I am not in the UK. I suggest that
you contact stables and horse studs in your area. It may not be rotted as
that requires storing large quantities and horse places often aim to get rid
of it quickly. You may also be offered used stall bedding which is straw
with manure and urine.

I am curious about the way that horse manure might be unsafe. What do you
think could be wrong with it?

David