Old 28-03-2010, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sutartsorric sutartsorric is offline

Default Is my bay tree past helping?

On 2010-03-27 23:30:38 +0000, Stephen Wolstenholme
said:

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:31:40 +0000, Sacha wrote:

A tiny bit on an open fire produces a lovely scent, too. *But snap,
crackle and pop - phew!

Bay leaf smoking is similar to cannabis so don't forget to add a few
leaves to the fire

Steve

What a sheltered life I've led - never knew that! *But it does smell
gorgeous. *;-)
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

I didnt know that either. My bay has survived the winter despite being
in a large pot and next to the shed facing northeast, with night
temperatures as low as minus 10C in January. A few lower leaves are
yellow, but the rest look ok. It had no protection throughout the
winter, so maybe I have just been very lucky.