Old 29-03-2010, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default cow manure leeds area

(pruned where others should have before me)

I don't know of a public park or public access estate, which permits
dogs to be off the lead; quite reasonably now such bodies are forced to
insured for public safety liability, (or fulfill the conditions to
receive public funding for wildlife conservation). Almost daily, I see
doting irresponsible dog owners ignoring the notices and permitting
exactly the kind of dog behaviour which made such restrictions necessary
:-(.

Janet

I don't really think a dog carrying a stick back to its owners car is an
out of control dog. It was widely ridiculed as a bit of a Jobsworth
action. It could well be that the warden thought it a good chance to make
an example of someone but if he needed that, someone allowing their dog to
foul without poop-scooping would have been much more to the point. A dog
taking a stick home was a pretty silly thing to get upset about, whatever
example needed to be set.

--
Sacha

No such thing as an untrained dog on a lead. It is the person at the other
end who is untrained.

Mike

--
Base for a Botanic visit to the Isle of Wight?
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk