Old 29-03-2010, 10:03 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.mc[_3_] View Post
Hi all

I was about to jet my patio but the pressure washer broke. Is there another
way of ridding this stuff without jetting; and preferably the less labour
intensive methods please?
In DIY places, garden centres, etc, you can get some stuff called Patio Magic. You just dilute it and spread it on with a watering can. It kills the algae quite quickly, and your patio will smell like rotting seaweed on a beach for a few days. It then, as explained on the container, takes quite some time for the algae to flake off. I thought it wasn't going to work, but it did gradually do the trick for me.