Old 29-03-2010, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Moving a clemaitis

Sacha wrote:
It's one of the winter flowering ones. They look good on a fence
especially if then trained along the fence so that you see the flowers
at your head height. Otherwise they seem to head for the sky and you
almost need binoculars to see the flowers!

*nod* We have various clematis fighting with a hop along our back garden
fence (I think it's 3 clematis, 1 hop and a grape, and the hop always wins
by quite a long way!) - including the 2008 Rebecca clematis, which we were a
bit disappointed with given all its hype. The flowers are the right colour
and very pretty, but not very many of them!

Perhaps a winter flowering clematis could go in to give a bit of interest
during the cold months, when the back garden turns kind of muddy green ...