Old 29-03-2010, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Lilies

On 28 Mar 2010 20:53:17 GMT, wrote:

Rusty Hinge wrote:
I've got day lilies growing in ordinary soil - Norfolk is mainly clay on
chalk, so probably tends towards the alkaline

I'm not sure day lilies work in the same way as other lilies. I have a huge
clump of day lily that just keeps coming back no matter how mean I am to it
- every year it seems to double in size! - but I've never been able to get
other lilies growing in the same area.

You know the flowers are edible, do you?

Pam in Bristol