Old 29-03-2010, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Moving a clemaitis

On 28 Mar 2010 22:11:21 GMT, wrote:

Pam Moore wrote:
I have to have several fence panels replaced. I have a clematis
cirrhosa, in full flower,
Blimey, it's in full flower already??!

C Cirrhosa is winter-flowering, and evergreen.

Interesting. I may have to find me one!
Thank you.

There are some C. cirrhosa which are scented, but I've not managed to
get one. Some years ago I took myself to Wisley in the few days after
Christmas. It was misty. As I went up the steps through the rockery
to the Alpine house a wonderful scent hit me. It was a cirrhosa in
bloom around the base of the big oak tree. Is it still there? I
can't get to Wisley now. Anyone know what variety it is?

Pam in Bristol