Old 29-03-2010, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.hiking
Peter Clinch Peter Clinch is offline

Default walking boots-- which are good?

john hamilton wrote:

i went into the sketchers shop and the manager did not know about the
punisher 3 trail shoe. i said what other trail shoes do you have and he
asked me what a trail shoe was? (they are listed on sketchers web site)
sigh

If you're in the Smoke, try Ellis Brigahm's and Field and Trek (both
near Covent Garden), Snow & Rock (IIRC on High Street Ken) and
Cotswolds, amongst others.

Blacks and Millets both stock some pretty reasonable trail shoes from
Merrel and Peter Storm, check them out to see if they fit your
particular feet. They have lots of branches in lots of places.

Don't consider the above an exhaustive list!

I personally favour Scarpas as they fit /my/ feet very well. The shoes
I use (Heliums) have been out of production for a while now, but if I
were to replace them my first try would be the Scarpa Axis. Not cheap
at £75 though.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK