Old 29-03-2010, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Some sod...

On 03/29/2010 11:22 AM, Muddymike wrote:
...has picked the daffodils I planted on the roadside verge
outside our garden wall!!! There were about ten flowers there
yesterday morning when I went out, none when I returned in the
afternoon.

I hate when this happens. We have public footpaths running on all sides
(and through) our property, and it has happened that "passers by" have
helped themselves to far more than 10. Also fruit, which is not so
accessible as all that. A path going by has been published on not one
but two of the "recommended walks," so we've seen quite an increase over
the last couple of years.

I'm all for footpaths most of the time, and most people are quite
polite, I don't mind the occasional request for directions or water. I
do mind, however, having to chasing off people taking "shortcuts",
(although ramblers are far better about this than hunters or heaven
forbid idiots on quads), or worse nicking my flowers etc.

-E