Old 30-03-2010, 07:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default safe Horse Manure

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

Is this aminopyralid? Does it actually go through horses and remain
active?

Supposedly. But it could be a case like the American bee keepers who
blamed
Australian imported bees for CCD.

I thought that Australian bees were brought in because of CCD. Could you
amplify as I know nothing about this.

This is from the Australian rural press and because it appeared some time
ago now, I am giving details from memory but wikipedia gives some support to
my recall of the coverage:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_collapse_disorder

Press reports ran along the lines of: Aus bees started being sent to the US
shortly before CCD started appearing in the US so when it did appear there
was a subsequent hunt for the culprit. Usual crappola blame game then
began - it must be those damned furriners sending us furrin infected bees
(which of course it wasn't, given that we don't have it).

Eventually it was discovered that it'd been seen earlier in both US and
Europe and someone must have eventually figured that Australia had e-mail
and probably asked someone here if Aus had it.

Sorry love, but everyone is a suspect until they are eliminated. In this
case, Australian bees arrive 2 years after the out break of CCD, sorry
for the inconvenience, and thanks for shining a light on something I
knew nothing about.