Old 30-03-2010, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Plant ID please :-)

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:51:11 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"David WE Roberts" wrote
We have some bulbs in the back garden (quite prolific) which produce
leaves just like a daffodil but the flowers are tiny and more like lily of
the valley.

Generally three small white flowers per stem with six or seven green
tipped petals.
No scent.

They are O.K. (I suppose) and seem to have produced a bit more flower this
year after being disturbed.
However the ratio between flower and foliage is not particularly
impressive compared to tulips, daffs et al.
I can see that they might be attractive in a woodland setting but they
seem to take up a lot of space and produce a lot of green just to produce
a few tiny flowers.

You can guess that they might be not long for this garden.

That sounds like Snowflakes, Leucojum sp. the flowers tend to lesten and get
smaller as the plants get more crowded. In our garden they seem to bury
themselves deep so digging them out is a major exercise.

Look at this link.
http://tinyurl.com/yzvafp3

Pam in Bristol