Old 30-03-2010, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Contents of gutter

"Marq" wrote in message
I cleaned my gutters out and got about 2 barrows of their contents.
It is dark and had lots of moss on top.
Should I compost it, dig it in or throw it away do you think?

I sowed a few tomatoes seeds in a sample of it and they have germinated so
that makes me think its ok., but is it?

I ask because I clean some neighbours gutters from time to time and it
would be a shame to waste if it is useful.

I always compost mine - but if the gutters haven't been cleared for a year
or two it's usually composted itself!
So - think it's fine to use.
Unless anyone else has dire warnings..
Tina