Old 31-03-2010, 02:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dgk dgk is offline

Default Growing veggies from seed for the first time

I'll need some way to control the height of the fixture but I can rig
up something. There are some prefab systems at the local store but
they start around $150 which seems way too much for something so
basic.

There's also reflector types of bulbs like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...h_d2/ProductDi...

but I can't see those providing the coverage that the fluorescent can.

No experience with those, sorry. Tho, I'm sure the results would probably be
about the same as a flourescent light.

I've started seeds indoors and had good results indoors using just a
southern facing window location that gets plenty of light.

Ditto, here. But, depending on location, it's getting a bit late for certain
seeds. =) And, I'll take natural sunlight over flourescent, ANY day!

Should I rotate the plants every day using a window?