Old 31-03-2010, 05:20 PM
cherryredcutie cherryredcutie is offline
Registered User

Default Cordyline Australis Problem

Hiya,

I wonder if you could give me some advice. I have 4 Cordyline Australis' (New Zealand Cabbage Tree) in my front garden and it looks like 3 of them are dying . They looked just fine up to last month when first the leaves of the biggest tree started to drop and fall off. Now the biggest tree has almost no leaves left and also the 2 smaller ones seem to rot where the new leaves would appear in the middle of the tree and they are also loosing a lot of the green leaves, they come of just touching them. I took some how they looked in January and how they look now with some close up of the rot.

Before January:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...e/IMG_0263.jpg

Now:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...e/IMG_0410.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...e/IMG_0415.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...e/IMG_0411.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...e/IMG_0412.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...e/IMG_0413.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...e/IMG_0414.jpg

What could have caused this? We had a lot of snow and frost in January could that have been it even though they only just started to have this problem about 3 weeks ago? Are the leaves going to grow back or are they going to die? Is there anything I should do like pruning?

Thanks a lot in advance for the advice.
Anne