Old 01-04-2010, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Connecting Two Water Barrels (Butts)

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:19:44 +0100, Rusty Hinge wrote:

Just join the bottoms of the two butts ...

Another snag with fitting tank connectors at the bottom of a butt is
having access to both sides at the same time to hold the connector
inside and screw the nut on the outside if the butt is more than a
couple of feet deep. I managed it for our 4' deep butt when replacing
the crappy, broken, plastic tap, with a 15mm full bore 1/4 turn valve
and proper plumbing bits but it was "fun".

--
Cheers
Dave.