Old 19-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Mike

Default Throwing out baby ...

In article , swroot
writes

regards
sarah

Many thanks for your advice and help Sarah. I have now finished as far
as I can go and emailed the Parish Clerk and suggested that we take this
further with the Chairman, but of course it is up to the locals to tell
us what to do with the site. I think that on the whole they will go
along with the suggestions I have made because I have copied hat has
been suggested.

What we end up doing with umpteen gallons of 'Grey Water' I don't know
:-)) Might be interesting :-))

My wife is very interested in the project because during the very hot
summer of 1976, she 'diverted' the waste water from the washing machine
and sink direct to the veg garden. We had very big gardens then so she
dug channels and formed her own irrigation scheme :-)) we later learnt
that we had a well in the garden :-( Got one now at this house but
don't bother to use it ................ yet ;-)

Not much can be done now as the 'wheels of local Gov.' turn very slowly.
(Besides that I have a meeting in Birmingham on Tuesday)

Many thanks also to those who emailed me with web sites for 'Cleaning
Waste Water' and such.

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more