Old 02-04-2010, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Bearing in mind

Christina Websell wrote:
"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
That they are unlikely to fruit for twenty or thirty years unless some
fruiting wood is grafted on, does anyone want to reserve a clementine from
a batch of pips, all sprouting wildly, and which came from very small
oranges?

To come (when I've planted them), clemenine seedlings from larger,
well-flavoured fruit. (Courtesy of Lidl)

Thanks for the offer but I am likely to be deceased in 30 years. You need
some 20 yrs olds to take you up on this.

Au contraire - you can graft from an already-fruiting tree, and those
grafts will fruit.

I'm doing that with a big lemon - 3 years old and five feet high. Its
sibling is less than a foot.

--
Rusty