Old 25-02-2003, 02:27 AM
Tim

Default Help: sick ponytail palm, yellow/brown leaves

I've grown the two ponytail palms from seed. They are on the same
window sill (south-facing, but only gets direct morning sun due to
buildings in the way). The larger plant isn't doing very well. The
newer leaves are yellow and brownish, and it keeps getting worse. It
is potted in all-purpose potting soil (repotted less than 1 year ago)
which dries out between waterings.

I thought the issue might be lack of nutrients, although the sick
plant is in fresh soil (less than a year old) while the other has been
in the same smaller pot for about 3 years. I water them both with
Schultz all-purpose plant food. But the situation just keeps getting
worse.

If anyone has any idea what the problem might be, please email me. I
think I'm going to replace the potting soil.

You can see pics of the plant at
http://home.earthlink.net/~mysickplant/index.html