Old 02-04-2010, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Damn and double damn!!!

On 2 Apr, 20:19, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:

[...chillies...]

Found some red ones in our freezer so will defrost, remove the seeds,
and try planting those, what chance do you think we have of getting
any to germinate?
The other thing is they will probably be crosses between the two
anyway.

I've used seed from previously frozen ones, and germination was normal.
Don't they freeze the contents of the "millennium" seed banks? (Surely
they can't freeze coconuts, though..?)

--
Mike.

Yes they do keep Millenium seed banks at well below freezing but
Humidity is regulated
http://www.kew.org/msbp/what/knowledge/seed_drying.htm
David Hill