Old 04-04-2010, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Rocket seed again

In message , Christina Websell
writes
Now all the boys have amused themselves in reply to my last post, can any
sensible person tell me how long rocket seeds take to germinate, please.

Tina

ISTR you are in mid England - Leicestershire-ish. FWIW, in N. Dorset I
sowed rocket and other salad leaves in an old orange box by the back
door about 3 weeks ago. They germinated in about 5 days (a short milder
spell) and they have continued to grow slowly ever since. Provided your
seed is good/viable I suspect you will be seeing green shoots soon. If
you have a portable cold frame, glass or old window to rest over where
you have sowed them it may help the ground to warm up more quickly. They
usually germinate pretty quickly when the ground is warm. This year has
been colder than the average upon which seed packet info is probably
based. HTH.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!