Old 19-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Jim Webster

Default INDIA GENETICALLY MODIFIED SEED FAILS

"Oz" wrote in message
Jim Webster writes

what does amuse me, in a darkly ironic way, is a lot of people are

getting
all excited about an Indian crop failure who never gave a tuppenny damn
about india, crops or weather before GM. I wonder how many of them ever
bothered posting when a conventional Indian crop fails?

Hang on a tick though.

Last season they had unusual extensive droughting because the monsoons
didn't reach west. There was extensive crop failure to the extent that
it was on UK news.

cannot have happened otherwise Marcus, with his eagle eye on Indian peasant
farming conditions would have told us all about it

World grain prices even bumped up on the back of it.

Hmm, isn't one of the problems with maize that drought during flowering
kills pollination?

Mind you, claiming from the seed house is a nice trick if you can wangle
it.....

too right.
Not only that but it is soo easy to kick up a fuss, get it run in all the
worlds media so the company will pay you to shut up. They are no fools them
lads

Jim Webster

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.