Old 05-04-2010, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default No Big Box tomatos this year

My rhubarb, Victoria, which I started from seed is doing well this
year. Never knew that they flowered and I needed to cut the flower
off as soon as I see it.

Why cut the flower? Mine flower, and keep on producing. This is a
serious question, but I suppose I could look it up.

We cut off flower heads. We pull rhubarb only never cut.

http://www.wikihow.com/Harvest-Rhubarb

http://urbanext.illinois.edu/tog/harvest.cfm

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
"I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful