Old 05-04-2010, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rats!

In article ,
Marq wrote:
Rusty Hinge wrote in
:
someone wrote:

You're never more than ten feet away from a rat, wherever you are.
Google it and see.

Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

That statement - 'you're never more than ten feet away from a rat' is
utter twaddle.

I'm saying that as someone who used to earn his living in pest
control.

Anything you put on a website (****ter, farceboo, even newsitems) will
show up if you feed the right words into a search engine.

Don't bet on it - there are fairly standard blocking techniques,
some of which even work some of the time :-)

However, your general point about the net being full of bullshit
is perfectly correct.

Wake up ratcatcher
"I'm saying that as someone who used to earn his living in pest
control."
If you were that (pest control) someone who used to earn a living then
you are either a liar or very very naive, or even stupid and maybe that
is why you changed vocations.
Try a scientific approach and yes, use the internet, but not
wikipedia....etc.etc.
Ask your local council for their quarterly or anual report on the subject
and buy a calculator to work it out. That is if you can switch it on!

Get back under your bridge!

Rats are not uniformly distributed. About a week a year, I am over
a mile from the nearest rat - while still on the UK mainland ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.