Old 05-04-2010, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Eggs (was Rats!)

Rusty Hinge wrote:
Fortunately, living in the country, I can always get meat, eggs and
things of which I know the provenance. However, being mildly allergic to
eggs, they are used only in cooking, so I tend to get less than a dozen
a year.

Sorry, slight turn in topic, but about your "slightly allergic to eggs"
statement - I've not been eating eggs for Lent, and now I am again, and
after a 2 egg ommlette, I had ... tummy trouble. It's not unheard of. I've
had tummy ache after eating duck eggs in the past, and since I can't tell
the difference between duck and chicken eggs anyhow, other than the size,
I've just stopped eating duck eggs. But this time it was /my/ chicken's
eggs, which I've not had a problem with before.
I was starting to wonder if it was white eggs, rather than the duck eggs, as
I had both white eggs this time (I had 2 brown eggs ready to cook, but Nick
came and nicked them before I had a chance!).
I know white and brown eggs are /meant/ to be identical other than the colour
of the shell, but does anyone know if this is actually accurate?