Old 06-04-2010, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Rats!

"Roger & Barbara Tonkin" wrote in message
The message
from "Christina Websell" contains these
words:

Seeing a poisoned rat not yet dead and in distress stopped me from using
poison forever. I had to kill it.
There will be terrier men in your area longing to exercise their dogs on
your rats.
Tina

But whatever you do do NOT use poison when there are dogs about. Our
neighbour's dog got some and was very ill for a month or more, and the
vet's bill was astronomic!

I was hoping to send a link where I got my rat hunter from.
He is brilliant and his terriers are awesome. He comes around every six
weeks and he is as happy to get his terriers on the rats as I am to see the
end of them.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Rabbit_Hu...x.php?act=site
This is the only one I could find, seems the main site is gone.

What I like about it is, as I said, the rats either get killed in one second
by the terriers or they escape.
And we did have an amazing escape, after smoking the holes, with the
terriers watching one rat made it up into the trees and got away, you have
to sort of admire them.