Old 19-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Steve Calvin

Default Moron growing garlic

Steve Calvin wrote:
snip

Good advice. Otherwise, I wouldn't plant supermarket garlic personally.
I'm lucky enough to have a hugh garlic festival here in the Mid Hudson
Valley of NY and get my growing garlic from local farms. I usually do
German Red, and German White and one "experiment".

They are hardback varieties and give semi-large results. Not as big as
elephant obviously but a pretty good size.

For those who may be interested, the festival is always the third
weekend in September in Saugraties, NY. It draws a LOT of people (I
think around 50,000 last fall) so I'd advise going early.

Make that hardNECK varieties...

--
Steve