Old 07-04-2010, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Rats!

Marq wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Marq" wrote in message
Rusty Hinge .

you're never more than ten feet away from a rat, wherever you are.
Google it and see.
Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

That statement - 'you're never more than ten feet away from a rat'
is utter twaddle.

I'm saying that as someone who used to earn his living in pest
control.

Anything you put on a website (****ter, farceboo, even newsitems)
will show up if you feed the right words into a search engine.

Wake up ratcatcher
"I'm saying that as someone who used to earn his living in pest
control."
If you were that (pest control) someone who used to earn a living
then you are either a liar or very very naive, or even stupid and
maybe that is why you changed vocations.
Try a scientific approach and yes, use the internet, but not
wikipedia....etc.etc.
Ask your local council for their quarterly or anual report on the
subject and buy a calculator to work it out. That is if you can
switch it on!

This will help if you can work the calculator:-
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndC...PestAndWeedCon
tro l/DG_10026663

How rude you are! Let's all know about your rat expertise. Come on,
tell us all how to do it.
Pfff.
I'm sure Rusty & myself are all ears.

Well, Christina Websell,

Since you are "all ears" you cannot see.

I am doing the research myself since the start I gave you obviously fell
on "deaf ears"and when I have a conclusion, I will point you exactly in
the direction of my findings.

It is quite complicated.
We have to estimate the human population, and the rat population,(both
are difficult, to say the least)
Calculate in square metres the volume of England, Scotland, and Wales.

When you add the total of rat, then of human, gain a ratio and divide
between square metre of area of Eng. Sco. Wa.

You have a sum before your eyes (sorry but your ears....

Oh great! So, because the ratio of rats to people is (an estimated
figure), the physical distance between any one person and a ramust be
10 yds?

So, if I go to the middle of the field opposite my house, a rat will
miraculously materialise within 10 yards of me?

If you are sensible, which I very much doubt, you'll give up this doomed
project before you waste any more of our time.

--
Rusty