Old 07-04-2010, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Rats!

Marq wrote:

So, if I go to the middle of the field opposite my house, a rat will
miraculously materialise within 10 yards of me?

If you are sensible, which I very much doubt, you'll give up this
doomed project before you waste any more of our time.

NO, ignoramus.

You may well not see the rat!!!

Ah, one of your invisible theoretical unmathematically calculated rats?
At this time of year I can see there is no rat - moles I couldn't vouch
for - and in any case there's nothing to attract a rat.

100 acres of ratlessness...

A rat does not go PEEKABOOO.

You disappoint me. You're not entirely without some knowledge, however
rudimentary.

Use a few grey cells. ooops you got any?

As many as the next person. The difference between mine and yours is
that mine are connected to something.

I know the opinion in this group is that I write crap,

Oh no - it's not just an opinion: you've demonstrated it so admirably
that we all *KNOW* you write crap.

Gordon Brown, without the charisma.

but I know that I
am writing to the uneducated,

Ah, how do you tell the age of a Marq? Cut his head across and count the
rings.

regarding the rat population.

When one of you tribesmen/women work this out THEN and only then can you
criticise.

We are perfectly capable of criticising without dancing to your tune. In
this group, we call the tune, not some casual visitor.

BY THE WAY. How do you know that there is not a rat in your very local
vicinity? ie:10 yards away

I can't speak for the neighbouring property, but as they have five cats...

As for my property, I'm confident that there is none within double that
distance. Being in the open countryside, they pass by occasionally.
Those which decide to stay don't do so for very long. Well, not as
sentient organisms.

Now, run away and play, there's a good lad. I'm getting a bit weary of
talking at you.

--
Rusty