Old 07-04-2010, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Partially white blackbirds?

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On Tresco, they all have orange beaks.

Beak colour is variable depending to some extent on age and season.
When have you been on Tesco?

Spring, summer and autumn over the last 10 years. I think we've only
missed one year. The birds there seem to have the orange beaks all the
time and I overheard someone, leading a birding group, remark that one
of these days they'd probably get some classification of their own!

I thought that the beak colour in Scilly was due to the diet of, I
think, pittispoum berries.

Roger T