Old 08-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Bigboy9i Bigboy9i is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by h123456 View Post
My experience is Wessex Teak's product quality is appalling. We bought a set from them and have had serious problems with every type of item e.g. rot in a teak table, broken chairs, parasol not working after a few months.

Wessex teak sell cheap garden furniture so they get sales, but they do not offer value for money.

If you have the kind of money they want you'd be best to spend it on another company as otherwise you'll end up with garden furniture that won't last and a company that are very difficult to deal with as this thread demonstrates. Teak should last decades, not months.
This 'Thread' as you put it demonstrates a few rogue sets, it does not however take account of thousands of satisfied customers who don't post because put quite simply, they have nothing to moan about.

I work hard and do very long days running out of Essex to places like Yorkshire, Cumbria, Wales.

General information.

It is frankly bloody annoying when what little job I have is put at risk through the odd dissatisfied customer...no-one thinks of the knock-on effect these postings have on people who are blameless.

I reiterate I have had very few returns through faults or breakages. However please feel free to spend a fortune on grade 1 super deluxe teak, and find once you've polished the shiny chemical finish off, that it is exactly the same teak as you are getting from Wessex.

Were I buying untreated teak as it were personally, I'd be using Cuprinol hardwood garden furniture protector, I'd also be sanding it to within an inch of its life to get the best finish possible...

It is clear, however, that there are some people in this world who want everything, at rock bottom prices, and with no effort at all on their part...

Much as if you buy a car, ignore servicing it, and then are surprised when you are left stranded in the pouring rain when it's least convenient.

Yes with ALL teak WHOEVER supplied it you may get issues and maybe if you don't really know how to look after something, or are without a practical bone in your body, either learn those skills, employ someone with those skills, marry someone with those skills...

But please don't complain because of ignorance on how to prepare/treat/build/store a product.

I had garages ripping me off for substandard work, did I moan (well a little) but I got off my bum and studied motor vehicle engineering...end result I don't get ripped off any more, neither do I get stranded in the pouring rain...

So what's it going to be, learn about the product you are buying and its care...or wet at the roadside....Your choice.

Ray.