Old 08-04-2010, 01:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Decorative cascading plant for hanging pot

Billy wrote:
I'm looking for a perennial cascading plant for a hanging pot. It need
to descend at least a foot or more to cover an attached bird bath. Be
nice if it had flowers. Any ideas?

One of my favourites in this category is clerodendron tomsoniae (spelling?).
I forget exactly where you are but I am pretty sure it is too cold to grow
it outdoors. I guess you are describing outdoors. Oh well I just love the
combination of flowers and folliage, colour and form. Maybe if you have a
hothouse.

David