Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birds
mogga mogga is offline

Default Partially white blackbirds?

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:30:17 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

I wonder if someone could explain why some of our local blackbirds have
a few feathers that are pure white. I have seen both males and females
with this trait, and until recently had thought it was just a few
feathers on a handful of individuals. However, on Saturday I saw a male
blackbird with most of his head and neck pure brilliant white. All the
others just have a few feathers on the shoulder or wing edge.

It didn't look albino, it just had white feathers. Did someone once
breed pure white blackbirds or something or is this entirely natural?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Up the road they have a partially white sparrow - not seen a photo yet
though.
--
http://www.Voucherfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk