Old 08-04-2010, 09:00 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Mason C Mason C is offline

Default Strange flower in Californa yard

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:58:41 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

In message , Mason C
writes
Can you identify this strange flower?

I would describe it has having 50 3/4 inch green "flowers" on
3 or 4 inch stems on the top of a two-foot stalk.

http://frontal-lobe.info/flowers/19.html

also http://frontal-lobe.info/flowers/20.html

It's in my back yard in northern California, probably put
there by me unwittingly.

I'd appreciate knowing your name for this thing.

Mason C

It's a Euphorbia (spurge). I don't know the species, but it looks
similar to Euphorbia characias and Euphorbia x martinii

Thank you. I'll know to avoid handling it. Wiki says not a good idea.

Mason C