Old 08-04-2010, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Tree stump killer

hugh
wibbled on Thursday 08 April 2010 19:13

In message , Tim Watts
writes
Pretty much anyone has implied right of access to your property to conduct
their legal business, eg anyone wishing to post something through your
letterbox, milkman etc as well as certain bodies with additional statutory
rights such as the gas company in an emergency, Customs Officers under
some conditions, coppers with a warrant etc.

And very shortly council official to come and inspect your house as
part of the council tax revaluation which will go ahead if Labour is
returned to power next month.

Ah that old chestnut...

Well, they can try to get in my house...

Hopefully, there's not much danger of another Labour term - the general
hatred of Labour probably outweighs the lack of belief in the
alternatives... Personally we might be better off if they just scrap teh
general election and alternate one term of Labour with one term of the
Tories. They seem to do less damage in 5 years rather than 15.

While we're diverted to politics, I would strongly urge you all to go and
look at:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

You can see what your MPs voting record is, whether they can be arsed to
take part in debates or have the balls to vote as a rebel from time to time.
Not to mention how much of a thieving weasel they've been WRT expense
claims. Could provide material for embarrasing questions when the
campaigners turn up on yer doorstep...

--
Tim Watts