Old 08-04-2010, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Raised beds for school gardening club

In article
,
ciarandeb wrote:

Hi,
Thanks Billy for your interest in my site. I posted a link to a
question on my site that has an answer that i thought was appropriate
to this discussion. I am sure you researched my site
( organicgreenfingers.com) very well and I am not challenging your
assessment of it. I enclose below the story of the site, the
philosophy behind it etc. so that other users can make up their own
minds. The most important thing is that it not a forum but a place
for questions and answers about organic gardening.

Regards,
Ciaran.

My question is why and re-invent the wheel? In rec.gardens, and
rec.gardens.edible, there are experienced horticulturalists, arborists,
landscapers, and newbies, whose experience may have just endowed them
with unique answers (sometimes when we know too much, we limit ourselves
by established methods). We have no login IDs or pass words to remember,
and when we need a search engine, we have one called "Google". If we
want to research an idea, a posting, or a member, we have "Google"
newsgroups to repair to. As for earning merit points, I'm afraid it
rather smacks of aristocracy, and by and large, we are democrats.

There is no gardening without humility.* Nature is constantly sending
even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious
blunder.*
~Alfred Austin

You are more than welcome to join us, and add to our little corner of
knowledge, and bantering, and bickering. We are an equal opportunity
group for the wise, and fools, who are not suffered lightly. You just
might want to tape up a metaphorical roll of dimes, to steel yourself
against the inevitable onslaught, for when you break one of the many,
unwritten rules of the group. Then sit back, and enjoy the ebb and flow
of the conversations.
--
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/6...e_us_military/