Old 09-04-2010, 01:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dgk dgk is offline

Default Weed Blocker for fruits/veggies?

It's getting near time to plant some tomatos, onion, peas, etc. I'm
planning on expanding my tiny garden into some of the lawn area. I'll
get rid of some of the grass (and weeds) and then turn and add peat
moss to the soil. Then, I'm thinking of just putting down some of that
Weed Blocker stuff and put some holes through for the plants.

It seems too lazy to be morally correct, but I really hate weeding. Is
there some other reason, other than a Puritan upbringing, which
suggests that weed blocker is not a reasonable idea?