Old 09-04-2010, 11:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Levelling a garden

khevlan wrote:
Hi all

I'm trying to level a section of garden to put down a patio. I have
read guides on the internet about how to do this but do not
comprehend the information well (I'm a real gardening beginner).

My understanding is that I need a "master peg," a spirit level and
level planks but am not sure exactly what to do with them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

How big is the area and how level does it need to be? Laser levels are
quite cheap these days and much more effective over a large area if it needs
to be accurate.

David