Old 10-04-2010, 02:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Levelling a garden

"David Hare-Scott" writes:

khevlan wrote:
Hi all

I'm trying to level a section of garden to put down a patio. I have
read guides on the internet about how to do this but do not
comprehend the information well (I'm a real gardening beginner).

My understanding is that I need a "master peg," a spirit level and
level planks but am not sure exactly what to do with them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

How big is the area and how level does it need to be? Laser levels
are quite cheap these days and much more effective over a large area
if it needs to be accurate.

I believe laser levels are difficult to use outdoors.

Read that somewhere...