Old 09-04-2010, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Compo in Caithness Compo in Caithness is offline

Default Are Nurseries Cheaper than Garden Centres?

On 9 Apr, 13:54, "Bigus" wrote:
Hi

Are nurseries generally cheaper than garden centres, or does it really
depend on the individual place? Does anyone know any cheap places for
bedding plants around the Oxford area? We want some black grass, maybe other
grasses, and butterfly/bee attractive plants such as lavender.

Thanks
Bigus

When buying fruit, hedging or other trees one gets a choice of size
and rootstocks at the nursery - unlike the garden centres. I use
nurseries for all my hedging, fruit and other stuff that requires
ordering in bulk - cheaper too.