Old 10-04-2010, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Quiet today...

....the sun must be keeping you all in the garden.
I have been busy giving the lawns their first cut and servicing
the machines. Very pleased with my Hayter ride on grass cutter, I
have had it for 4 years now and only sharpened the blade for the
first time after this mornings first cut of the season, even then
it didn't really need it, but having removed the deck to get to
it I thought I might as well sharpen it a little.

I filled a couple of big dips in the front lawn with soil last
autumn and spread them with grass seed a few weeks ago. I had
begun to think the pigeons had eaten all the seed but the warmer
weather of the last week has started it all sprouting.

The Hayter is now parked behind the snow blower so winter is now
officially over here in Leyburn!

Oh well, tea drunk, back to the garden.

Mike