Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Apple trees!

"Lelandite" wrote

2 weeks ago we saw buds. Last week we saw a few greening bits. Today,
literally overnight one burst into bloom and the other looks like it will
tomorrow. Grin, YEAH!

My apple trees have buds with a few blosoms shining all pink and white.
I have one cherry tree that has many blosoms. This is their first spring
in my garden. All dwarf with the exception of the one I started by seed
last year. It's still growing with putting out new leaves and that's all
expect from it for a couple years.

Whootness! (Thats a kid saying today). I'll skip the cherries as they are
such a mess but they sure do look pretty!

But for the past couple of mornings, including this morning, it is below
freezing out. I'm in the Pacific NW and while it does still snow, freeze
this time of year, I'm hoping it won't affect my plants and trees. I do
have
them protected so they should be ok.

Hopefully!

Here it's greening up nicely after a hard winter.