Old 10-04-2010, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Edible Gardening

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

Marq wrote:

But it's all at your fingertips, if you know the basics!!

Doesn't work in the U.S., at least at the moment.
But you're getting off the original topic, which was the innocent comment
that the members of this group are far-flung and unlikely to be watching
the Beeb.
And the original poster has disappeared in to the aether, so the whole
discussion is like one of those Python bits about pointless arguments.
But it's more entertaining than the weather here, which went from very nice
indeed to "Oh well, this _is_ April in New York."

I feel your pain. Two days of pre-summer fore play, now looking at 2
inches of rain over the next 2 days (

I did plasticize (chicken manure + alfalfa mulch) the tomato and
cucumber beds. We should be ready to plant in 2 weeks, if we don't get
frosts messin' with us. Today I have some 4 snow peas to add to them
what's already on the trellis, 12 cabbages to put amongst the potatoes,
and 12 lettuce and assorted onions to shoehorn into the root garden. Any
leftover time (Ha!), will be spent manuring and mulching other beds, but
that goes quickly with "lasagna gardening".
--
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/6...e_us_military/