Old 11-04-2010, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lelandite Lelandite is offline

Default Apple trees!

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
In article ,
"cshenk" wrote:

"Lelandite" wrote

2 weeks ago we saw buds. Last week we saw a few greening bits. Today,
literally overnight one burst into bloom and the other looks like it will
tomorrow. Grin, YEAH!

My apple trees have buds with a few blosoms shining all pink and white.
I have one cherry tree that has many blosoms. This is their first spring
in my garden. All dwarf with the exception of the one I started by seed
last year. It's still growing with putting out new leaves and that's all
expect from it for a couple years.

Whootness! (Thats a kid saying today). I'll skip the cherries as they are
such a mess but they sure do look pretty!

Take a look at the double flower fruits. That have flowers but are
sterile. I have a weeping crab apple and a few cherries about trying to
extend magnolia bloom and Dogwood and Kousa . Look at Stewardia and
Franklinia too. The later go into August here with flowers.

Anyone know of a chart with blooming time for flowering trees ?

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

My Indian Crab Apple (double flower bloom) is just now opening up.
It is so beautiful with it's bright magenta, maroon color. I can a Dogwood
but it's had one heck of a life for only being a few years old. So no
flowers until it grows quite a bit more.

I may have a chart in my gardening book re blooming time for
flowering trees. Will post if I do.

Donna
in WA