Old 12-04-2010, 12:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Horseshit!

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
I've just found a source for free composted horse manure, there is a
horse farm about 1/2 mile from me that gives it away. They have a big
compost pile, you just have to drive up with some containers and take
as much as you want.

I have a few questions about it's usage.

1) Is it good for everything or should I just put it on some crops? I
grow strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, carrots, parsnips,
cucumbers, peas, broccoli, spinach and cord.

Yes

2) Should I work it into the soil as a soil conditioner?

Yes

3) Can I use it as a mulch?

Yes

4) How much is too much?

Use liberally. It is hard to over do it especially if it is well composted,
it does not burn in excess like poultry manure.

David