Old 12-04-2010, 12:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Horseshit!

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

I've just found a source for free composted horse manure, there is a
horse farm about 1/2 mile from me that gives it away. They have a big
compost pile, you just have to drive up with some containers and take as
much as you want.

I have a few questions about it's usage.

1) Is it good for everything or should I just put it on some crops?

If crop established, side dress and cover it with mulch.
If it is fresh, don't eat crops for at least 3 month.
If crops not established, lasagna garden. Spread amendments. Spread
manure. Cover with newspaper. Cover with mulch. Hose it down. Wait 2
weeks, and plant.

grow strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, carrots, parsnips, cucumbers,
peas, broccoli, spinach and cord.

2) Should I work it into the soil as a soil conditioner?

3) Can I use it as a mulch?

4) How much is too much?

20 lbs/100 sq. ft., or when your plants die. Whichever comes first ;O)

Don't pass go . Get it.

Spread around in you leisure .

Consider a visit to your local barber and see if all that ugly nasty
cut hair can be taken. N2

Dead stuff once alive is gold. Passed thru a digestive tract
platinum.

You the same guy with seed info clueless on establishing life force?
Seems weird that you do not know of life.

--
- Billy