Old 12-04-2010, 03:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default Mashed potatoes Russet or Idaho may matter and oven drying????

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
http://www.salon.com/food/eyewitness...=/food/francis
_lam/2010/04/09/how_to_make_mashed_potatoes

Amazing mashed potatoes
Serves 6

3 pounds russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered
6 ounces butter (equals 12 tablespoons), cut into chunks, at room
temperature

Might as well use two full sticks, no use cluttering up the fridge
with odds and ends of butter.

12 ounces half-and-half

Use full cream, were past the point of it being considered
health food.

Salt and pepper (I prefer white pepper for this), to taste

And a tablespoon of mayonnaise, don't use any of the low fat
imatations, I'm talking grease and eggs for this.

basilisk