Old 12-04-2010, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Albert Jeans Albert Jeans is offline

Default crape murder?

I took out a small crape myrtle about 5 years ago and it still sends
up shoots from tiny root fragments. However, it's really a shame that
your tree was butchered.

Albert

internaughtfull wrote:
: Hi,

: I have a crape myrtle in the front yard, probably about 30 years old,
: about
: 25 ft high, blooms huge. I had some brush removed on a slope and the
: guys
: said they would prune the myrtle also, since it was getting near some
: power lines.
: When I checked it out they cut it to about 6 ft high and the branches
: are 1-2" or
: so thick. Of course I could choke those guys it looks horrible. Will
: this thing
: recover? Should I just remove it and plant a quick growing nellie
: holly?

: itchy