Old 12-04-2010, 08:54 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
monique monique is offline

Default Strange flower in Californa yard

Plants of this nature used to be in the genus Euphorbia. Now most
botanists place them in the segregate genus Tithymalus. There are many
species; most have "spurge" as part of the common name.

M. Reed

Mason C wrote:
Can you identify this strange flower?

I would describe it has having 50 3/4 inch green "flowers" on
3 or 4 inch stems on the top of a two-foot stalk.

http://frontal-lobe.info/flowers/19.html

also http://frontal-lobe.info/flowers/20.html

It's in my back yard in northern California, probably put
there by me unwittingly.

I'd appreciate knowing your name for this thing.

Mason C